Thanks for reading!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Braveheart & Freedom

    "Braveheart" has always been one of my favorite movies especially when Mel Gibson is talking to his warriors just before the battle.  It's a movie about man's desire to be free and is expertly done.  It is based on a true story and I am bringing it up today because I was doing some research on my own personal genealogy.  I want to give my children a book about their ancestors this Christmas. I was intrigued when I discovered I had a line descending from Scotland.
 
 
    The Anderson family name (MacAndrew) means "Stand Sure" and my relatives were Highlanders of Scotland who were trained to be warriors and hunters from birth.  They fought hard against the people who would enslave them including some who fought alongside William Wallace (the hero in "Braveheart") from the late 1200's and beyond.  I picture one of my direct ancestors being on the front line with him wearing the blue face paint.  Wallace's capture and horrible death only served to inspire more of the Scots to continue to fight for their freedom.

     I am a direct descendant of William Anderson (b. 1693) who fought in the Scottish Insurrection of 1715.  The government put a price on his head and he was smuggled (by the British) out of Scotland in a trunk to Virginia where he ended up being a large landowner along the Potomac where he fought in the French and Indian War (a colonel) and eventually met a young surveyor named George Washington. He was in his 80's during the Revolutionary War so he didn't go to battle but he offered his full support as a patriot including using his home as a stop for all soldiers. His son, Captain Thomas Anderson, was with General Washington at the surrender of Cornwallis.

   So now you understand why I am so ticked off at this administration and those that voted for our Marxist dictator.  It's in my blood.   What can you do to help?  Sign petitions, get on social media and fight the leftists by calmly informing the uninformed about Benghazi, about Agenda 21, about Obama's real plans for America.  Screaming is what "they" do.  You catch more flies with honey.  But prepare yourself in case "they" choose to continue to stamp upon our freedoms!   Then we can all scream "FREEDOM" together. You can help on Benghazi here.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment